State Crime Record Bureau
NH1, Madhuban, Haryana
Contact :  0184-2983471


Alert the nearest policeman on the street
Nothing like reporting crime to the policeman on the street directly!. This will ensure the quick reaction, sense of security in you and swift investigation.

If you do not see any policeman, then… 
Dial 100 (Any Phone) 
In an emergency or if you are facing immediate threat, dial 100 and ask for the police help. Information you give will be passed on to the local police without any delay. It’s always better if you give your contact number to the control room to guide the police patrols. 

Going to your local police station
At the police station you will be asked to provide details of the crime and make a statement about the facts of the case. Depending on the contents of your complaint, Police will register a case under relevant sections. If you find the response at the police station inadequate, you can always contact divisional and zonal officers.

You’ll receive a FIR Number (crime number) that you can quote to find out about the progress of your case and to make any kind of claim.

Reporting a crime anonymously 
It is not compulsory that you should give your identity when you report crime to police. 
You can always convey the details you know about crime by dialing to local police station or write letters to police officers or send emails 

Please Remember

  1. By giving information about crime you will not be called to Police station as Witness
  2. You will not be made as a witness against your consent
  3. Even if you are a victim, your details will not be made public by police against your will

One should make a call on 100 number immediately and contact nearest Police Station to register the FIR.

FIR stands for First Information Report. Whenever anybody reports about any crime which discloses cognizable offence then information is entered into a register. It is the right of complainant to get an FIR registered if his complaint discloses any cognizable offence. It is the right of the complainant to get one copy of FIR free of cost, immediately from concerned police station. FIR can be registered either on written statement or verbal statement of complainant which is later reduced in writing by Police Officer and is signed by the complainant.

If your complaint does not disclose any offence or your complaint discloses only non-cognizable offence, then FIR cannot be registered. In such cases where only non-cognizable offence is made out, Police officer will enter the substance of information in the general diary of Police Station and give copy of same to complainant. Another copy of complaint is sent to the concerned judicial magistrate for further action. Police does not have powers to investigate a non-cognizable offence without the orders of the magistrate.

By submitting an application in 'A' form with Rs. 5/- Court fees stamp.

Minimum 2 months.

The application form is sent to the concerned Police station. The Police station makes an enquiry and submit the report to the Zonal DCP who interviews the applicant and submits his report. Once convinced by the reports, the licensing authority issues the license.

  1. Copy of Ration card
  2. Election card
  3. Last 3 years I.T. certificate/chalan copy
  4. Two character certificates from the responsible citizens of your locality
  5. Physical fitness certificate
  6. Education Qualification certificate
  7. Proof of age

If the renewal is not late, fill the renewal form and affix Rs. 5/- Court fees stamp. Produce weapon and license for inspection at CFC. Pay the renewal fees. Renewal will be done immediately.

  • An application should be submitted in the Citizens' Facilitation Centre, Commissioner of Police Office compound, Crawford Market,in prescribed format, by affixing court fees stamp of Rs. 5 on it,
  • An application should be submitted 15 days prior to the program along with certified copies of the following documents:
  1. NOC from the landlord
  2. NOC from Traffic Police
  3. NOC from the Fire Brigade
  4. NOC from Electrical Inspector, Industry, Energy and Labor Department
  5. NOC from the Health Department of BMC
  6. NOC from the Collector (If there is ticket selling or charity show)
  7. NOC from the Rangabhumi Parinirikshan Mandal
  8. Certificate regarding Fitness of Machinery (in case of amusement rides)

  1. NOC (for erecting structure/stage)
  2. Ticket Selling License
  3. Premises License
  4. Performance License (Application to be made to the Divisional Asstt. Commissioner of Police)
  5. Loud speaker License (Application to be made to the concerned Police Station.)

a) any person desiring to maintain a swimming pool may apply to the Licensing Authority for a license in that behalf. The application shall be accompanied by a plan of the swimming pool and the applicant shall furnish such information as may be required about the applicant?s interest in the swimming pool and other matters relevant to the keeping and conduct of the swimming pool.

b) On receipt of application NOCs/ recommendations of the district DCPDCP/Traffic and Medical Officer of Health department, SAI Coach, Water test report is called. On receipt of positive reports/recommendation, a swimming pool license is issued to the applicant on the payment of Rs.30/-

Call Harsamay helpline 0172-2587900 or Go to your area Police Station and record your statement in Daily Diary and get the copy of the same free of cost.

You can dial 100 number, send SMS or E-Mail.

You can dial 100 number send SMS or E-Mail.

You can dial 100 number send SMS or E-Mail. You can also contact to your area SHO.

I am getting blank calls from a mobile, what should I do?

Cognizable offence :- An offence for which a police officer has the powers to arrest without a warrant is defined as a cognizable offence. Offences like murder, rape ,kidnapping , theft , robbery , fraud etc. are classified as cognizable. To get detailed list of cognizable offence kindly refer to first schedule of Criminal Procedure Code. Non cognizable offence :- An offence for which a police officer does not have the power to arrest the accused without warrant. To get detailed list of non-cognizable offences please refer to first schedule of Criminal Procedure Code.

Bailable Offences are those offences where the accused has the right to get himself released on bail after his arrest if he can give sureties or personal bond to the satisfaction of the police officer. For the list of bailable offences please refer to first schedule of Criminal Procedure Code.

Non-bailable offences are such offences where the police does not have the power to release the arrested person on bail (except under certain special circumstances ) . The arrested person is to be produced before the judicial magistrate within 24 hours of the arrest .For the list of non-bailable offences please refer to first schedule of Criminal Procedure Code.

Yes, a police officer can arrest a person without warrant if he has been involved in any cognizable offence

In such a situation, inform the nearest police station or dial 100.If there is no injury to anyone then wait for the police to come to the scene of the accident but if somebody is injured in the accident, it is your duty to take him to the nearest medical facility center, doctor on the duty is bound to give first aid to the injured without waiting for the police formalities. It is not necessary to take the injured to government hospital or to wait for the police to come.

Police reacts on the information which it receives. Apparently, it appears that the police reach late on the site of accident or crime but actually, police starts its action when it gets the information and it has been noticed that the people are late in informing. So the promptness of the reaction depends on the promptness of the communication. The availability (shortage) of the resources also plays a major role.

It is entirely a pre-conceived notion. The public is prejudiced in its view towards the police but the reality is that the expectations are very high and the force and facilities are very less.

If you wish to join the police department, you can enter at four stages if you are higher secondary pass, you can apply for the post of constable. If you are a graduate, you can apply for the post of sub inspector/platoon commander. The advertisements are normally given in the local dailies. If you are a graduate, you can appear for state PSC exam for Dy. S.P. If you are a graduate, you can also appear for UPSC exam to enter into IPS.